Good design is built on clear intention.
Equinox crafts custom designs for both large and small-scale projects—from urban master plans to greenways and residential development—to fulfill both functional and aesthetic needs. Using low-impact and environmentally sensitive principles, we work with nature’s inherent patterns to design beautiful environments and communities that are ideal for living, working, and playing.
Sustainable Site Planning & Design
- Site Analysis & Assessment
- Residential, Institutional & Commercial
- Urban Corridors & Streetscapes
- Sediment, Drainage & Erosion Control Plans
- Campus Planning & Design
- LEED Applications
See examples of our work in sustainable site planning and design.
Integrated Stormwater Design
- Stormwater BMP Design
- Plant & Soil Media Selection
- Site Suitability Evaluations for BMP Types
- Maintenance Plans
See examples of integrated stormwater design.
Greenway & Multimodal Transportation
- Greenways & Trails
- Multimodal Transportation
- Complete Streets
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Plans
- Health Impact Assessments
Land Planning & Master Planning
- Due Diligence & Feasibility Studies
- Zoning & Ordinance Compliance
- Conservation Subdivision Design
- Low Impact Development
- Mixed Use / Infill Development
See examples of land planning and master planning.
- Low Maintenance & Native Landscapes
- Energy Conservation
- Habitat Enhancement
- Rainwater Harvesting/Collection
- Sustainable Material Selection
See examples of our landscape design.
- Stream & Wetland Restoration
- Habitat Restoration & Enhancement
- Revegetation Projects (Forest, Meadow, Riparian)
See examples of ecological restoration.
Park & Open Space Planning
- Recreation Master Plans
- Nature Based Park Design
- Sports Parks & Complexes
- Interpretive signage
- Historic & Cultural Sites
- Natural Resource Management
See examples of our park and open space planning.
Environmental & Interpretive Graphics
We skillfully work with manufactures on custom signs or installations that include specialized detailed design, construction documents, and construction administration.
See examples of our Environmental & Interpretive Graphics.
You have a permitted stormwater control measure or BMP – but did you know that you may be required to have it inspected regularly under the jurisdiction of your municipality or state? We help institutions, neighborhoods, and businesses with this important but sometimes daunting process.
- Stormwater Inspections and Maintenance Reports – Equinox will perform an inspection of the stormwater control measure. Upon observation of satisfactory function of the stormwater systems, Equinox will generate and submit a report to the appropriate entity.
- Maintenance Recommendations (if applicable) – If the site inspection finds maintenance is necessary, Equinox will provide a notice of recommended maintenance actions and provide a follow-up inspection to ensure your stormwater control measure is functioning as intended.
sustainable planning & design projects
land planning projects
miles of greenways planned
Explore the full range of exciting projects by Equinox.See them all
Put our expertise to work on your project. Contact us